How long will it take to build my house?
The process generally takes up to 12 months from the time you sign your tender to the completion of your home. We allow 3 months for Pre-Construction through a Private Certifying authority and 9 months to build your home. This is dependent, of course, on the size of your home and the block we are building on.
Can I walk through the house during Construction?
To comply with Work Health & Safety regulations, the site will be fenced off to prevent access without the accompaniment of a New South Homes representative. However, we value your input and offer you the opportunity for walk-throughs at each milestone stage of Construction, including (but not limited to):
– Electrical Rough-In
– Practical Completion
You are more than welcome to communicate with your Project Manager if you would like any additional walk-throughs.
How do we make payments?
Payments are made progressively to New South Homes:
– Tender Acceptance: $6,600
– Contract Deposit: 5% (less Tender Acceptance fee)
– Completion of Floor Stage: 20%
– Completion of External Wall Frames: 20%
– Completion of Brickwork: 20%
– Completion of Plasterboard: 15%
– Completion of Kitchen Cabinets: 10%
– Practical Completion (Handover): 5%